Position: Solutions Engineer
Reports to: Chief of Sales
Location: Denver, CO, Singapore or Sydney, Australia
Remuneration & Benefits: $65,000–$90,000 based on experience.* Health, dental and vision insurance, staff equity plan and 20 days paid annual leave are included. Detailed benefit package available upon request.
Commencement Date: Immediate
The Solutions Engineer will be a key member of our growing Solutions team, working with our customers and prospects to drive the successful implementation of the Switch Intelligent Building Platform for their real estate portfolios. The Solutions Engineer will support the Business Development team and Account Managers to implement and expand the Switch projects with large, multi-location customers.
The Technical Lead plays a supporting role to that position assisting with data acquisition, platform configuration, alerts and analytics, training, troubleshooting, testing and support.
Areas of responsibility
- Provide technical expertise to the business development team and account managers
- Collaborate with the account manager, product and services team to develop project scopes and RFPs
- Review of statement of work and develop a detailed project plan
- Conduct kick-off meetings internally and externally with customers as well as regular cadence meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the lifecycle of the project, including change management
- Commissioning of the Switch gateway appliance
- Implementation and configuration of the Switch Platform for client specific buildings and portfolios
- Data aggregation, selection, and standardization
- Configuration of logical fault detection and diagnostic rules (Alerts); maintaining a library of common Alert rules for Switch Automation to use
- Develop dashboards based on customer requirements as detailed in the scope
- Develop quality assurance plans and testing at various work stages
- Provide input to product roadmap using your expertise to suggest meaningful improvements to the Switch Intelligent Building Platform
- Maintain productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Assist the company to meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned accounts
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis
The ideal candidate will have an engineering or other technical background with 2-5 years of experience in a buildings-related consulting or engineering role with experience in building system design and/or analysis.
The role is suited to persons with experience in energy efficiency, renewable energy, building controls and/or engineering services in the areas of electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience with HVAC, building controls, system commissioning and/or energy optimization projects as well as building data and system integration
- Experience with multiple data aggregation methods including gateways and APIs.
- Knowledge of real estate and facility operations—commercial and/or corporate
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong empirical analysis skills: ability to quickly process and understand data
- Ability to master a new software product quickly
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, driving results without continuous supervision
*Anticipated salary range for this position may be $65,000-$90,000 per year. Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age or disability. Salaries can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor, cost of living and more.