Position: Project Manager – Solutions
Reports to: Chief of Sales
Location: Denver, CO / Remote
Remuneration & Benefits: $85,000–$105,000. Health, dental and vision insurance, staff equity plan and 20 days paid annual leave are included. Detailed benefit package available upon request.*
Commencement Date: Immediate
Role: The Project Manager will work closely with our Solutions and Sales Teams to ensure the delivery of Switch offerings. In this customer-facing role, you will provide key voice of the customer inputs: including market intelligence, product and service feedback, and market trends. A successful Project Manager is a team player while working on the ground alongside our front-line Solutions team to execute project deliverables. Will be proficient in project management software and able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills across a range of internal and external stakeholders. Must be able to translate contract deliverables into project plans.
Areas of responsibility
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed. Facilitates project meetings.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Internal responsibilities managing communication, coordinating Teams and ensuring successful handoff to Services, if applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Associate degree; Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Project management experience in the HVAC controls industry; 5+ years preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC industry applications; ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus, and BACnet.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations.
Key performance metrics
- Timely execution of customer deliverables.
- Growth in target accounts.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives and satisfaction.
- Develops good relationships with all the team, fosters and promote all team members by sharing information, education, learnings and management.
*Anticipated salary range for this position is listed in USD and may be $85,000-$105,000 per year. Salary may be higher or lower than the stated range depending on factors unrelated to the applicant’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ethnicity, age or disability. Salaries can vary from this range based on geographic cost of labor, cost of living and more.