- Position Finance Manager
- Reports to CFO
- Location Denver, Colo.
- Remuneration & Benefits Commensurate with skills and experience
- Commencement Date June 2019
Switch Automation is a rapidly growing technology company with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. At Switch, our goal is to radically improve the way we operate buildings to make a lasting impact on our environment.Over the past three years we focused on establishing the sectors and customer profile for our target market. In 2016 Switch untethered some of the largest F100 companies from legacy building management technologies by delivering the world’s only end-to-end monitoring and management platform. The next three years are all about scale and taking our platform to a fully commercialized global market. Teamwork is a core value at Switch, we work hard, enjoy each other’s successes and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We believe that people give us their best when they are happy and have a good work life balance. Our people have helped to put us years ahead of any other company in this space and we are fast becoming the most recognized brand in sustainable buildings technology.
RoleWe are seeking an experienced Denver-based Finance Manager to join our geographically diversified Finance team. You will work closely with our Australian based CFO across all financial areas of the organization. This role will operate in a diversified fast-paced environment and requires a professional approach, finance management experience, and ability to be hands on and work in a small multi-disciplinary collaborative team. You must be proactive, adaptable and comfortable in going the extra yard.
Areas of responsibility
- Organize and supervise finance systems in order to ensure timely and accurate production of monthly accounts and reports. You will be the primary contact for the month-end closing process including consolidated financial statement review and management reporting.
- Act as expert finance point of contact to Denver Operational Departments.
- Provide analysis and commentary regarding accounts and financial reports to CEO and CFO.
- Oversee preparation of monthly U.S. payroll.
- Prepare and submit annual accounts and statutory returns.
- Prepare and collate annual budgets, monitor and report on performance.
- Prepare and present long-term financial forecasts.
- Monitor compliance with all U.S. corporate and tax lodgements.
- Continually modify and improve general accounting procedures and systems.
- Establish effective relationships with key internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all activities related to the Company comply with relevant U.S. Federal and State Government legislation.
- Manage knowledge transfer and knowledge retention through documentation.
- Ensure adherence with all compliance and corporate processes, policies and procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in Finance with 2-3 years exposure to an Information Technology & Services Environment related environment including sales
- Relevant memberships of professional Accounting and/or Governance Institutions.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain high levels of organization
- Highly advanced Excel skills and experience across a range of financial systems.
- Leadership and analytical skills
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident serving as a primary point of contact internally at Switch to our Leadership Team, finance & administration team, sales & marketing teams; as well as externally to auditors, advisors and customers
- Understanding of Customer Service Contracts
- The ability to simplify complex information
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Demonstrated drive for success and career progression