- Position Marketing Events & Memberships Manager
- Reports to Marketing Director
- Location Denver, Colo.
- Remuneration & Benefits Commensurate with skills and experience
- Commencement Date October / November 2019
Switch Automation is a rapidly growing software company that operates at the intersection of technology, commercial real estate and sustainability. Our goal is to radically improve the way buildings perform while making a lasting impact on the environment.Over the past three years we focused on establishing the sectors and customer profile for our target market. In the last few years, Switch untethered some of the largest F100 companies from legacy building management technologies by delivering the world’s only end-to-end monitoring and management platform. The next three years are all about scale and taking our platform to a fully commercialized global market. Teamwork is a core value at Switch, we work hard, enjoy each other’s successes and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We believe that people give us their best when they are happy and have a good work life balance. Our people have helped to put us years ahead of any other company in this space and we are fast becoming the most recognized brand in sustainable buildings technology.
RoleThe Denver-based Events & Memberships Manager will plan, manage and execute Switch Automation’s paid, earned and owned events including all pre-, during- and post-event activities. Additionally, this role includes management of our memberships with industry groups such as GRESB, CABA, CIBSE and FMA. This team member will own all aspects of the event experience, including managing the departmental budget allocated for events, monitoring and reporting metrics to demonstrate event impact and ROI, project management of the event process and leading the execution of on-site activities while exemplifying Switch's culture and brand.
The Events & Memberships Manager will enable our sales and marketing teams to drive qualified leads through our event and membership relationships while working closely with the marketing team to curate an exceptional online and in-person experience for customers and prospects. This role will operate in a fast-paced, agile environment and requires a professional approach, obsessive attention to detail, and the ability to collaborate across a variety of teams and geographies. The ideal candidate is highly organized with a proactive, thoughtful approach to raising awareness of our brand and product in an emerging category of technology.
Ultimately, you’ll be responsible for planning, executing and measuring the efficacy of the Switch event strategy—and you’ll largely be measured on your ability to:
Areas of responsibility
- Identify and vet paid, earned and owned event opportunities while meticulously maintaining the marketing events calendar, ensuring all internal stakeholders have up-to-date access to event status and details.
- Plan and execute all aspects of paid, earned and owned event strategy including:
- Speaker recruitment and submissions
- Copywriting and ordering/printing of presentation materials, collateral and swag
- Tracking, analysis, reporting and debriefing of event metrics/KPIs
- Execute all event logistics including:
- Venue/site selection (owned events)
- Booth design, staffing, set-up and tear down
- Vendor sourcing, negotiations and management
- Menus and entertainment
- On-site team attendance and coordination
- Audio visual needs
- Shipping of event materials
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues and Leadership team to develop, monitor and report on event goals, budget and alignment with Switch strategic objectives.
- Monitor event timelines and ensure all deadlines for deliverables, payments and communications are met on time.
- Foster positive collaboration with the Marketing department’s internal stakeholders including Leadership, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance and Development teams.
- Identify, pitch and support thought leadership opportunities (speaking engagements) at events and conferences.
- Work with the Marketing Team to concept, create and distribute effective content, collateral, PR, digital tactics (including paid ads, social engagement strategies and SEO) and workflows that support all event and membership efforts.
- Create and manage all HubSpot campaigns for pre-, during- and post-event activities including social media, email, landing pages, forms, blogs, CTAs, website needs, creative assets, print collateral, etc.
- Ensure we’re driving registration and attendance in a timely manner.
- Process invoices and expenditures in compliance with internal and external deadlines and policies.
- Respond promptly and professionally to requests and communications by phone, email and onsite throughout the event lifecycle.
- Lead cross-team planning sessions, solicit event feedback and incorporate innovative ideas into event strategy and execution.
- Advise and support Switch team and 3rd parties with travel, accommodations and registrations.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and consistency through processes and procedures and contribute to strategic thinking in support of Switch Automation’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with partner marketing organizations to effectively implement co-marketing initiatives.
- Manage all aspects of membership relations for industry organizations including:
- Contract review, negotiation and renewal
- Payment of dues/fees
- Promotion of Switch thought leadership content
- Event promotion, execution, reporting and follow up
- Free and paid advertising
- Actively seek out opportunities for content placement with industry organization publications.
- Share content such as blogs, infographics, articles and videos with industry organization contacts in order to elevate Switch’s brand awareness.
- Leverage memberships to raise brand awareness of Switch in the global market.
- Ensure all Switch company profiles across organization profiling websites, such as Bloomberg, Crunchbase and Glassdoor, reflect our current messaging.
- 3-5 years of experience managing corporate events/conferences/trade shows.
- BA/BS from 4-year university (Marketing, Communications or Hospitality degree preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience with marketing automation/CRM/Event software such as HubSpot, Marketo, Salesforce or similar.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment with minimal guidance while prioritizing and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced organizational, time management skills and strategic planning skills with budget competency.
- Metrics-driven approach to event management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and ability to respond to on-site requests with calm efficiency while delivering a positive and impactful attendee experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, etc.).
- Experience working with a software or technology company
- Experience working in an agile, growing company.
- The ability to simplify and translate complex technical information for a variety of buyer personas.
- Expertise identifying and fostering relationships with influential organizations, analysts and/or associations.
- Availability to work outside normal business hours, in support of event activations.
- Availability to travel at least 30%
- Ability to lift and move boxes and other packages up to 30 lbs. required.