- Position Sales Development Representative
- Reports to CEO initially, and then to the sales director
- Location Denver, Colorado
- Remuneration & Benefits Commensurate with skills and experience.
- Commencement Date Immediate
Switch Automation is a leader in the rapidly growing smart building industry, with headquarters in Denver, Colorado and offices in Sydney, Australia; Manila, Philippines and Lviv, Ukraine.Switch was founded with an ambitious goal to radically improve the way we operate buildings—to make a lasting, positive impact on our environment; and in recent years Switch has untethered some of the largest Fortune 100 companies from legacy building management technologies by delivering the world’s only end-to-end monitoring and management platform. It’s an especially exciting time at Switch, as the Internet of Things (IoT) and the smart building market matures, and Switch establishes itself as the premier smart building solution.
RoleThe Sales Development Representative will be a key member to our growing business development and sales team, working to identify opportunities for growth in the U.S. market. This position will be integral to driving opportunity growth and gaining market feedback to optimize our sales strategy. You'll be interfacing with Real Estate Execs and managing complex, multiple-stakeholder sales engagements. While we are looking for someone with business development or sales experience, we are also looking for that rock star individual who will contribute to multiple areas of the business. You'll also have the unique opportunity to directly collaborate with Switch's in-house Engineering Services, Marketing, Customer Success and senior leaders to bring on new customers. This is not a position where you put in your time and follow a standard promotion schedule – we want you to grow as fast as you can.
Areas of responsibility
- Identify, prioritize and target key accounts with the greatest potential for implementing Switch Automation.
- Qualify opportunities by understanding the needs of clients and organizing conversations with key decision makers.
- Learn, document and communicate key information about the market that will drive success in other areas such as marketing, product development, implementation and sales.
- Record and document all activities relating to accounts in CRM to integrate into personal KPIs.
- Bachelor degree in business or other relevant areas.
- 1-2 years of experience in a business development/sales role; experience in the SaaS or real estate industry is a plus
- Demonstrated ability for adoption of new technologies.
- Flexibility for an environment that is subject to change.
- Demonstrated drive for success and career progression; desire to focus on quality.
- Keen interest in IoT, smart buildings/cities, and sustainability in buildings.
- Ability to communicate results to team and show initiative in improving processes.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment, driving results without continuous supervision.
- Located in Denver or will relocate.
- Experience with BMS / controls solutions for buildings and/or experience with smart building technologies
- Experience working with HubSpot
- Knowledge of enterprise energy / water / utility management and sustainability reporting
- Knowledge of real estate, facility operations, NPV or ROI analysis, or energy/sustainability programs
- Experience working in a small, agile company