- Position Senior Software Developer
- Reports to Team Lead
- Location Sydney Timezone
- Remuneration & Benefits Commensurate with skills and experience.
- Commencement Date Immediate
Switch Automation is a rapidly growing technology company with headquarters in Denver, Colo. and a development team lead out of Sydney, Australia.Switch Automation is about the Internet of Things (IoT) and bringing your buildings to life. The Platform exposes the ecosystem of a building, allowing you to view and control things like your lighting, air-conditioning, heating and access control. Switch is disrupting the commercial real estate world with our cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) Platform. Its unique offering gives customers the ability to centrally govern and gather advanced analytics from all of their buildings, without ever leaving the comfort of their chair. As a developer at Switch you will be immersed in a technology sector Gartner highlights as a Top 10 trend. You will have the opportunity to not only grow as a technologist, but also the freedom to experiment and define this exciting technology space.
RoleThe Senior Software Developer will be a key member of the growing technology team, lead out of Sydney, Australia, tasked with helping to contribute to our scalable, best-in-breed software platform for smart building management.
Areas of responsibility
- Develop software using best-fit technology for the Switch Platform.
- Solve complex technical and scaling problems.
- Identify and evaluate appropriate technologies for delivering Switch Platform solutions.
- Design and develop DevOps processes.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Work for a global company intent on facilitating environmental change.
- Review current best practices for Cloud architecture and development for the application.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development.
- University degree in the field of computer science or a relevant tertiary education.
- Comprehensive, hands-on experience with the .NET stack. Familiarity with .NET Core an advantage.
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Skilled understanding of GIT source control and code management practices.
- Demonstrated experienced in Cloud-based solution development.
- Experience and understanding of modern software development techniques and practices (i.e. Agile Methodologies, DDD, Design Patterns).
- Must be familiar with designing and developing back-end systems
- Ability to self-manage time and responsibilities to achieve business and project objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with start-up company culture.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of building automation and/or energy management.